Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Kale Chips

When I first saw the recipe for Kale Chips, I immediately skipped over it because, I admit it, green chips don't seem that appetizing at first glance. However, a friend recently commented on how tasty kale chips are, so I overcame my reservations, dug out the recipe and gave them a try. Guess what? My family likes them! My husband and I both recognized a similarity in taste between kale chips and pumpkin seeds; I love roasted pumpkin seeds; their yummy crispy goodness warms up a cold fall day. But we rarely make them because separating seeds from the slimy pulp is messy work, and the seeds are gone quickly! Kale is readily available and doesn't require separating seeds and pulp. Bonus!


Today there are recipes for regular kale chips and tangy kale chips. I will warn you that Kale can have a stronger taste than pumpkin seeds; it only takes a handful to satisfy a flavor craving. The tangy kale chips use vinegar which works really well with kale, but can add to the strong flavor, so I recommend trying the regular flavor first or using less vinegar than is called for. Also, go light on the salt, you can always add more later.

So, pick up a box this week from All Seasons and give Kale chips a try. Let us know what you think!


Baked Kale Chips

Tangy Kale Chips


Next post: Wednesday, January 25, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment