Enter Mock Mashed potatoes, made from cauliflower! And to make a good thing even better, they take less time than real mashed potatoes because you don't have to peel, slice and boil the potatoes before you mash them.
This recipe comes from The Food Network, with a few changes that we made to make it easier.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon straight chicken base or bullion (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- *optional* 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
Steam the cauliflower in the water until fork tender, about 20 minutes (or 10-12 in the microwave). Put the cauliflower, water, cheeses, garlic, chicken base and butter in a food processor or blender and mix until almost smooth. Garnish with chives to serve.