Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Italian Wedge Salad

I LOVE the wedge salad at Johnny Carino's, so I was disappointed when the Carino's near us in Sandy closed. Disappointed may be too mild a word. I howled "Nooooo!" And acted like a drama queen which I usually try not to be.
Then I went home and tried to find a knock-off recipe that I could duplicate. There are a few out there, but none that had all the ingredients AND the dressing recipe. So, here for your eating enjoyment, are the closest recipes that I could find for the salad AND the dressing.

Johnny Carino's Italian Wedge Salad photo


  • Italian Wedge Salad
  • 1/6 of a wedge of crisp iceberg lettuce
  • Top with:
  • bacon crumbles (save yourself some time and get the pre-cooked bacon, it is so very worth it)
  • candied pecans (NOT sugared pecans- there is a difference!)
  • Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
  • diced Granny Smith apples
  • diced roma tomatoes
Top with GARLIC RANCH dressing from allrecipes.com


This guy even has instructions on how to make candied pecans should you not be able to find them at a store.


No comments:

Post a Comment