Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sweet Potato Fries

I love sweet potato fries. I really love them. I could eat an entire large dish of them all on my own. Did I mention I really like them?

So, I was really excited to find out how easy they are to make at home WITHOUT deep frying, so they are healthier too! We tried this recipe last week and it worked perfectly.



Cut your sweet potatoes until they are fry sized. Let potatoes soak in water for an hour – half the day. (optional, but it does make them better) Preheat oven to 425°.

Sprinkle baking sheet with corn starch. Drain water from fries. Drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil in a plastic bag and place a handful of fries inside. Shake to coat fries with oil. Place on baking sheet. Repeat until all fries have been coated with oil. Spread fries out on cooking sheet so that air can circulate. If fries are too close together, they will not get crispy. Sprinkle the top of fries lightly with more corn starch.

Cook for 15 minutes or until crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment