Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Grilled Avocados

I love avocados. A lot. And fresh guacamole makes a regular appearance at our house. So when I saw this recipe highlighting avocados as a dish in their own right it went directly onto my "must try" list.

Originally, I saw it grilled (as described below), mashed and mixed with 5-6 fresh basil leaves (finely chopped), the juice of 1/2 a lemon. It was served on sourdough and sprinkled with sea salt, like this:

Then, I looked up a few other ideas so that I could make this more of a meal, and I came across this Chef Secret salad from the  Tri-Valley California Wine Blog

Then I saw the idea to grill avocados and serve topped with corn salsa. I saw this several places, but I thought the instructions and pictures at Veggie Converter were particularly good. I always substitute fresh tomatoes for canned if I have them on hand, but otherwise I wouldn't change a thing! 

Now you have three different ways to enjoy avocados as more than just a garnishment. Pick some up from All Seasons today and enjoy them in a new way!

No comments:

Post a Comment