Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Creamy Potato Salad


My sister's mother-in-law makes the BEST potato salad. EVER. This is coming from a person who doesn't like potato salad generally, probably because most recipes have "squeaky/crunchy" things in them and I don't like squeaky crunchy things in my nice creamy foods. 
This recipe has a secret, however; the onions, are grated instead of chopped. My children and friends (who also have food texture issues) wolf this down without a complaint. I added my own touch with a taste of pickle juice for added flavor. Whip this up for a holiday BBQ next week for a full-flavored creamy potato salad.

POTATO SALAD

9 Potatoes
9 boiled eggs
onion
diced dill pickles
lots of salt & pepper
mayonnaise  ~about 1/2 - 3/4 qt with this many potatoes
2 TB dill pickle juice

Boil the "spuds" until you can put a sharp knife through them.  Drain completely. 
(I like to boil them the day before I make the salad. I also like to use white potatoes.) Grate onion into the salad. Add dill pickles, juice and lots of salt & pepper (to taste).  Add  salad dressing – about until it's quite moist.


No comments:

Post a Comment